The Immokalee Fire Control District is an independent special district established in 1955 and provides services to an approximately 234-square mile area in Collier County. The District operates from three fire stations. The majority of the service area is rural with an agricultural based economy. The new master-planned community of Ave Maria falls within the District?s boundaries. With the new city adding 150 to 200 new homes per year, the current ageing facilities has outgrown the growth in the community. The existing headquarter building did not meet current space needs nor now wind load code requirements.
The new 22,869 ft? Fire Station #32 and Headquarters building provides a modern, safe, and efficient facility. The two story building, located within the city limits of Ave Maria, will house the new District Headquarters and drastically decrease response time to the rapidly expanding community.
Divided into two wings, the administrative and operations areas are separated by a three double deep bay apparatus garage with rapid response bi-folding exit doors. Areas for decontamination, gear storage, and minor maintenance are also located here. The first floor of the administrative wing includes a reception area and a large Commission Meeting/Training Room. Additional general, Commissioner, and fire prevention office space fills the floor, including a Collier County Sheriff?s Department Sub-Station. The second floor includes offices for the command team, conference space, and emergency operations. The first floor of the operations side is typical of Fire Station common areas including, day room, kitchen and outdoor covered area. The agility room allows the crews to maintain top physical condition. The second floor on this side offers 14 private bunk rooms separated from the active functions, and adequate shower and changing rooms.
The campus is also home to a separate Logistics Building where excess equipment is stored and minor vehicle maintenance takes place. Refueling for service vehicles and the emergency generator are also allocated on site. Both building exteriors were designed to complement the Ave Maria architectural style requirements.